Network With Me!

made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Make your own Silhouette Mat

Yahoo!!! I needed a new mat for my Silhouette. Holy Crap they are expensive @ 2 for $24.99 so I decided to make my own. I bought the pack of cutting mats from the $ Store in the kitchen section. 
  1. I downloaded some graph paper from the web added a arrow at the top using PhotoShop, printed on 11 x 17 paper, 
  2. Cut everything down using the original Silhouette mat as a guide 
  3. Glued the graph paper to the back of the mat
  4. Placed painters tape about 1/2" on each side
  5. Put mat in a box and sprayed with repositionable adhesive (a lot of glue "smoke" so do in well ventilated area)
  6. VIOLA' I now have a new cutting mat for a fraction of the cost
  7. Use wax paper to cover adhesive and keep sticky
Cost of Mat: $0.50 (2 mats for $1 at Dollar Tree)
Money I saved: $20+
Having the ability to design and cut using MTC on my new mat: Priceless

Until next time...
Blogger C-Sig

3 comments:

SandyK

Wow, Thanks Cheryl for the tut on the new mat. Wonderful. Will have to try this.
Sandy

nabmcm

great tutorial, thanks

nabmcm

Loved your idea, thanks

Post a Comment