Network With Me!

made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hoppy Bookmarks inspired by Jin

Under A Cherry Tree by Jin Yong has got to be one of my favorite sites when it comes to paper crafting.  Her creativity is well just...AWESOME!!!

I really don't know how she comes up with the things she does. I'd like to borrow her brain just for a day and soak up her thought process when she thinks up these clever ideas and turns them into reality.

Well here is my take on her post for some really cute bookmarks. Because I love reading and would love for everyone in the world to read more I decided to try my hand at creating some myself.  In Jin's version she made them more 3-D, but because I was making them for a class of 1st graders, I didn't want them to pull off pieces with there inquisitive minds and busy fingers so I did mine as a print-n-cut using Make The Cut and my Silhouette SD.  I made 20 of those little rascals and they were a blast to make.

I pretty much followed her directions on making the "U" shape for the slit, it was very easy and the visual help me put it together, but all that gluing UGH!  I had to cut each piece twice and glue together because the card stock I had was a little to flimsy and I wanted a sturdy base for the little froggies to sit on.

I'm mailing them today....can't wait til my sister gets them.

Here are my results:

Bookmarks - Close Up Reading Bookmarks

Thanks Jin for your creativness you are truly an inspiration.

Until next time...

Blogger C-Sig

2 comments:

Anonymous

these r adorable. tfs. Jin is wonderful. wish I had the imagination that she does. So clever.

"Um Buggin"

Cheryl these came out so cute! Jin is always creating something adorable, and yours are just as sweet. I know your sister is going to love them.

TFS,

"Um"

Post a Comment